The User-Experience Designer will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into wireframes, and prototypes. The design needs to be responsive and scale from phones, tablets, desktops to high resolution medical grade monitors. You will work on software applications that solve complex healthcare problems and aid healthcare professionals in the fight against cancer.
- Translate requirements into wireframes and mockups that lead to sketch prototype design for intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for portals specific to health care administrators, clinicians, and patients
- User-centered design approach with dashboard UI/UX to rapidly test and iterate your customer facing application designs
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features with collaboration amongst other team members and stakeholders
- Conduct competitor and customer analysis to assess our UI/UX vis-à-vis our competition as well as usability testing for products
- 5+ years of UI/UX responsive design experience in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in UI/UX software such as Axure and InVision
- Proven experience in UI/UX with HTML5, CSS3, Javascipt and other web scripting languages
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio (online or pdf)
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed portal requirements and design
- Extensive experience in using UI/UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Computer Science, or related field
An understanding of healthcare and medical research environments and/or public health programs would be desirable.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package, flex time to permit an appropriate work/life balance, autonomous training materials, assistance with skills development and opportunities for career advancement.
If you enjoy developing innovative solutions to solve complicated problems for highly targeted cancer care, contact us at HR@inspirata.com
Have questions about career opportunities with Inspirata?