Sales Development Representative
Location: Toronto, ON | Washington, DC | Pittsburgh, PA | Tampa, FL
Are you a self-starter and a creative problem-solver who never gives up until you reach your objectives? Do you get motivated by challenging goals and unlimited commission potential? Are you a rising star looking to realize your potential?
If you answered a solid yes to the questions above and would like to work for a dynamic software company with industry-leading solutions that are revolutionizing how healthcare organizations access clinical insights about their cancer patients, then you should consider this great opportunity for a Sales Development Representative at Inspirata.
The Sales Development Representative will report to a Sales Development Manager and be part of the global Inspirata Marketing and Lead-Generation team. The role will be responsible for the following tasks critical to the success of Inspirata’s sales and marketing efforts:
1. Conduct a persistent, multi-touch outreach to senior clinical staff, department heads, and C-level executives at large healthcare organizations in North America:
- Meet an aggressive weekly target for outbound prospect outreaches (including both outbound cold calls and follow-ups on warm inbound leads)
- Alternate between phone and email outreach to get through with target contacts
- Consult with the SD Manager to identify “creative” ways to get around gatekeepers and in front of busy target contacts
2. Continuously map and re-map target accounts based on input from Sales and Marketing:
- Conduct research in Inspirata’s CRM and other proprietary contact databases
- Create target lists for outbound calling / emailing
- Create target lists for inbound calling / emailing based on results from current Marketing campaigns
3. Discover and qualify new leads:
- Set up calls and qualify accounts and/or leads based on need, budget, decision authority, timing
- Filter out unqualified leads
- Leverage leads with low decision authority to get in the doorstep of more senior leads within the same account
- Feed qualified leads to Account Executives
- Follow up with Account Executives to ensure smooth hand-off of leads to qualified prospects
The ideal candidate will possess verbal and written eloquence to engage highly educated and professional target audiences. He or she will also be a strong relationship builder, able to develop a close collaboration with the Account Executives from the Sales team, and with all members of the Marketing team.
This role requires a hands-on sales professional, relatively early in their career, who can be independent in their work but knows how to play within a team.
The successful candidate for the SDR position must be comfortable with selling over the phone and through online meetings. Digital literacy, especially with CRMs and Sales Enablement tools, is a strong requirement.
Travel for this role is minimal.
- Bachelor’s degree required (specialization in Biology or another Science track is a strong plus)
- 2+ years of relevant experience (prior employment at Sales Development consulting agencies is a plus)
- Digital literacy – must be comfortable working with tools, such as HubSpot, Showpad, Enablix, Outreach
Strong discipline and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
The aptitude to explore creative angles with each suspect lead and thus turn a “no” into an “yes” in prospecting calls
- The maturity and poise to engage department heads at large hospitals and/or cancer centers
- The ability to ask questions, listen and probe before pitching solutions or explaining our offerings
- The aptitude to leverage existing marketing materials and research data points to challenge the suspect lead’s thinking about their pain points
- A passion for healthcare and innovation are strongly preferred
If you enjoy developing innovative solutions to solve complicated problems for highly targeted cancer care, contact us at HR@inspirata.com
Have questions about career opportunities with Inspirata?