Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a broad spectrum of duties requiring a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, independent judgment, and multitasking. You be directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of activities that supports managers and employees at the Company’s North York office.
The HR Generalist is responsible for the effective performance of various human resource functions including, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, benefits administration, record keeping, and compliance with laws and regulations.
The HR Generalist serves as a resource to others by providing professional HR advice on the application of employment policies in the context of hiring, discipline, employment termination, training, benefits, leave requests and other HR matters.
- Support management by providing human resources advice and guidance on issues related to staff, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to Director of Human Resources
- Support an Open Door Policy
- Meet regularly with staff and managers to provide coaching, counseling, and employee recognition to improve morale and retention
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Perform routine tasks required to administer human resource programs including compensation and benefits, performance management and employee training
- Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance with all laws and recommended best practices
- Oversee recruiting process
- Collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for job openings
- Recruits and facilitates the hiring of qualified applicants for open positions
- Process new hire paperwork, terminations, salary adjustments, reference checks, and employment verification requests
- Prepare and maintain employee files
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of general HR practices
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft suite – PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate when appropriate
- Discretion and understanding of the sensitive nature of confidential employee information
Have questions about career opportunities with Inspirata?